Monday, April 19, 2010

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness. - Earl of Derby

by Jessica Watters

I know, I borrowed the title to this post from a quote I posted on FB yesterday.  This is so true though.  More and more studies are linking our nation's obesity problem to such diseases as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and certain cancers.  Plus lack of exercise causes the body to lose flexibility, lose balance, lose muscle and bone density.

One of the best way to reverse or avoid obesity, is to make sure you get in daily exercise and eat right.

We are all growing older, but how do you want to age?  Do you want to take a ton pills, become frail, fear falling and breaking a hip?  Or do you want to age with a healthy, strong, flexible body, with little or no muscle loss or bone loss?  This is not a pipe dream, you can have achieve this with a little bit of determination and a little hard work. 

And I don't know about you, but with all the changes that will be happening to health care, I want to make sure I'm healthy.  I'm not sure what the future holds in health care, so I don't want to take my health for granted and have a lot of problems that the government gets involved in. 

There is no promise that as you won't get sick, or you won't get into an accident, but you can take control and help prevent or reverse some problems that may kill you.

Decide that today is the day you're going to commit to better health for yourself.  Once you decide and commit, you will succeed.

If you need help with getting back into an exercise routine or just getting started, email me at wattersjes@msn.com.

Or if you'd like, you can view some of the great fitness products in my shop by clicking here.

Whether you purchase something or not, you can "join now" for free online coaching from me.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment