Thursday, April 15, 2010

The chores will always be there...

by Jessica Watters

I found myself repeating the phrase "The chores will always be there..." to a friend on Facebook.  Its the phrase my husband used the other day on me. 

I have been so excited about my P90X workouts and my new Team Beachbody business, that I started letting a few things slide around the house.  I was feeling a tiny bit guilty about it and said something to my husband about it.  His replay was heaven sent!  "The chores will always be there."

Just like that my guilt vanished.  He was right.  He always makes time for his workouts, why shouldn't I?  He never feels guilty, so why did I?

The bottom line is this, your housework or yard work will always be there.  Your health and mental well-being are more important that the clutter of toys in the family room or the dirty ring in the sink.  And you know the same applies to your kids.  They are only young once, make time to play with them, exercise with them and enjoy them.

I know this might be a radical thing for some of you, but I promise if you invest a little bit of time towards exercise, you will feel and look great.  And if you spend some simple fun time with your kids too, they will remember it for the rest of their lives.

Make a little time for exercise and play and you will be thankful you did.

If you need help trying to figure out what kind of exercise program is right for you or how to incorporate playtime and exercise with the kids, email me at wattersjes@msn.com

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment