Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Smoothie and Shake Lovers Recipe Link

I am a smoothie and shake girl.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good solid food meal, like chicken or steak.  But I love smoothies for breakfast since I have 4 kids to cook for in the morning.  I also like them for lunch on occasion, when I'm low on turkey or chicken.  And I have been known to make them for dinner, especially with little league baseball season and all the rushing around.

My older boys even love them.  Their favorites are ones made with raspberries and yogurt, or anything chocolate.

One thing I have learned over the years is that you really need to add whey protein or a meal replacement powder in order to provide the nutrients your body needs, without adding too many calories.  Beachbody makes two delicious flavors in each.

I'm including a link to a recipe, courtesy of Team Beachbody, that will give you a pick me up.  I wouldn't suggest making this for children because of the caffeine in it.  But its perfect for an afternoon when you are stumped on what to have for lunch, or if you need some perking up.

Click here to view recipe.  If you would like more ideas for smoothies or shakes, please email me at wattersjes@msn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment