Thursday, April 22, 2010

Real People, Real Results - Dee's P90X Story

I love working as a Team Beachbody Coach!  One of the main reasons I love it so much is that I get to connect with some really cool people and help and follow them along their fitness journey.  One of the cool people I have had the pleasure of coaching is Dee.  Dee is your typical young woman who works a full-time job with long hours and is happily married.  She has a very busy schedule, but she is still managing to make taking care of her health a top priority in her life.

Dee is doing P90X and is nearing the end of week 7.  She was gracious enough to share her story.  I hope you enjoy it and get inspired to commit to getting strong and healthy.

Dee's Story

Its funny I wasn't really skeptical about P90X - I saw the infomercial many times and one night I was watching TV by myself because I had a bad day and I was like "I need that" it was sort of like a challenge to myself, I hear so many people I know that have it and do one work out and give up - I know that I am tougher and more determined than that so I jumped in head first and have been loving it ever since. Now granted it is by no means easy and there are some days in the beginning where I would have rather relaxed, but to be honest I have never ever felt this good about myself or in life. I was worried about the workouts being so long (45 min to 55 min), but at this point I don't think I will ever go back to a 20 or 25 minute workout - its not me anymore! I feel so empowered during and after and all the time knowing that this is what I choose to do and I have stayed committed.



As far as eating is concerned I have always tried to eat healthy and battled with an eating disorder in my early 20s and have always had "Disordered" eating and starting P90X and having the nutrition plan I have finally learned to see food as fuel for my "machine" and working out and feeling great and looking good in whatever I want to wear is my reward.

Now as Jess knows I had a carb overload last weekend which I think was because I had so much stress - I just freaked out, but I forgave myself and the next day was a new one and what do you know all of my hard work was not lost and I did not gain any weight from a mistake day - this is a big thing because I know when people fault they tend to get frustrated and give up, but you really need to just continue to work hard and forgive yourself. I also learned that I was not eating nearly enough protein and now that my protein intake is up to par -I feel so amazing and have more energy than ever.


My body is getting tighter and my muscles are actually coming out - my abs are even starting to get defined (which I read is the last thing to pop out - so we must stay dedicated!!!) I will admit I even flex sometimes in front of the mirror because I am so impressed with myself - ha ha. You just don't even know the results you are getting until you take your first set of pics - I couldn't believe the difference I could see at day 30!


So being at week 7, I am actually a little depressed that I only have 5 weeks left......


So one last thing - my husband camp home from a camping trip on Sunday and while unloading all of his stuff I went out to help and saw a large waterbag full of his clothes, sleeping bag, etc. The bag was large but I picked it up and flung it over my shoulder and as I was doing this his buddy says "Wow she is strong!" and I just laughed and took the bag inside, when I came back out he was telling Craig how strong I was - later I found out he had tried to pick the bag up and couldn't :)

I want to thank Dee again for sharing her story.  If you want to commit to getting back into shape, develop healthy muscle, burn off some fat, start learning how to eat right, have more energy, then email me at wattersjes@msn.com or visit my Team Beachbody Website.  Or if you're looking for an opportunity to reach out and help others, you may want to consider becomming a Coach too.  Let me know.

I can help you achieve goals you may have given up on.  You can't put a price on good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment