Friday, April 23, 2010

Story 2 - Real People, Real Results - Donna's Story

Today I wanted to share the story of another Team Beachbody Member who has privileged me with letting me coach her.  Donna is by no mean the type of woman who has a lot of time for herself.  She is married to a great guy who does P90X with her.  She is a mom of 2 small children, and to top if off she works a full-time job.  Donna shares her story on how she is managing to juggle it all.  Her schedule is far from ideal, but she's doing a great job.

Donna's Story

So, it’s taken me almost 3 weeks, but I’ve come to realize that P90X is NOT just my husband’s kind of workout. Let me tell you that I was more than just a little skeptical about fitting almost an hour of exercise 6-7 days a week into my already jammed schedule. And lifting weights? Is that really for me? I always felt like more of an aerobics girl. My husband and I both work full time jobs; we have 2 little boys (20 months and 3 1/2 years old), a big dog, 2 cats, a house that’s ALWAYS a disaster and an ongoing rash of home improvement/ construction projects. How in the world was I ever going to find the time to commit? I’m also a little more than ashamed to admit that I’ve never finished one single fitness program that I’ve ever started. EVER. I always start with good intentions, but then the chores pile up and so do the excuses and I just can’t talk myself off the ledge. My good intentions are evident all over the house from the dusty Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video on top of the TV to the classic step aerobics step hiding under the bed. If I’ve learned anything over the past 5 years, it’s that good intentions don’t get you anywhere…determination, motivation and good support do.



I am determined to be in shape, I am motivated to prove to my kids that they won’t ever outrun me (LOL) and I have awesome support from my husband who is quick to pull out the BS card when I start to waver on having the energy to workout. So, each night we do chores while dinner is cooking and for the hour and ½ after dinner while we digest we either do chores or play with the boys. Then the toys get pushed aside, the DVD goes in and we get sweaty. And now I’m going to say something that I never thought I’d say…ever…now I look forward to our workouts. HONEST. I love the pride that we have for pushing so hard…I love the pride I see in my husbands face when he honestly tells me “good job”. I’m starting to see the fruits of my labor as well…even if they are tiny little green fruits still…small little bicep muscles are popping, cut lines are visible in my arms when I bend a certain way and the faintest little hint of thigh muscles are showing…man I have missed seeing them after all these years.


So friends, this is just the beginning of my journey, my commitment to me and my commitment to my family to be healthy for life. This is a commitment that I will see through. Stay tuned!
 
I want to thank Donna for allowing me to coach her and also for letting me share her story with all of you.  I hope you find it as inspiring as I did.
 
If you are struggling with trying to figure out when to find time to commit to taking care of your body, email me at wattersjes@msn.com.  Or you can visit my Team Beachbody Website and sign up for free membership/coaching.
 
Enjoy your afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment