Thursday, June 10, 2010

Shakeology 3-day Performance Cleanse

Hi everyone.  My friend, who I also coach, Diandra, decided to try the Shakeology 3-day Performance Cleanse with me.  She needed to start earlier though because she felt like she needed a kick start.  I am in the middle of day 2. I must say that I don't like it.  I love eating my 2000 calories per day.  I look forward to my meals.  While I love Shakeology, and I do drink it every day, I'm not sure I would do another 3-day cleanse.  But I do know some people who are very disciplined and actually enjoy doing things like this.

The 3 day cleanse would be great for someone who is trying to clean out their system of dairy, wheat, sugar and not deplete their body of nutrients. 

So here's Diandra's experience in her own words:

I am sitting here on my third and final day of my Shakeology cleanse eating my big veggie salad with ground turkey (weird I know, but I don’t really eat fish and I do not eat chicken so 99% lean ground turkey is my weapon of choice) and feeling pretty good about it.
 
For me the first day was the easiest, I think because I was amped up and ready to dive in! Day two I was a little hungrier, but managed to do some yoga to take my mind off of it before dinner and today was a rough day in itself and I am looking forward to the end of the cleanse, partly because I am ready to eat something different and partly because it is an accomplishment for me and I am proud of myself!
 
I weighed myself after work today and am down about 3 lbs but feel much much lighter and tighter than that (wish I could go swimming! Lol).
 
I had a couple concerns about the cleanse before starting, one being the large cup of coffee that I drink every morning at work while I check my emails, however much to my surprise I did not miss it, my chocolate Shakeology shake did quite a nice job filling in! As far as headaches are concerned, the green tea helped a little with that though I limited the caffeine to only one cup and had a minor headache each morning but nothing that was very bothersome.
 
My other concern was possible lack of energy from the low calories; and to be perfectly honest it really wasn’t a problem. I worked out day one and day two and took today off (though I probably could have done a short workout) – this was the biggest surprise to me and I can only attribute it to the Shakeology shakes – there must be some pretty awesome stuff in there! And quite frankly I don’t think I would be able to do this if Shakeology wasn’t so so delicious!!!! I am glad I made it through and am glad it’s over and I look forward to the next one!!!
 
If you want more information on Shakeology, send me an email to wattersjes.@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment