Friday, June 25, 2010

Quick Chicken Marinade

The other day I posted about grilling up a bunch of chicken to keep on hand for quick meals.  Well I thought I'd include my new favorite marinade for grilled chicken.

My recipe is for one pound, but you can double the ingredients for two pounds.  I like using the Purdue Perfect Portions when they're on sale.  Makes life easier.

1/4 cup of natural Italian Dressing (such as Newman's Own)
1/4 cup of light Cesar Dressing (I like Kraft)
1 clove of garlic minced
juice of 1/2 lemon
Fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano

Add chicken to either a zip lock bar or a bowl.  Pour ingredients over chicken.  If in a bag, close and squish around the ingredients.  If using a bowl, toss the chicken with the marinade, cover with wrap.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.

Add chicken to hot grill and baste with marinade while cooking.  Cook until juices run clear and chicken is golden brown with grill marks.

Serve with salad and veggie for low-carb or have with a baked sweet potato and veggie if not doing low-carb.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try this! Thanks! I love grilling up chicken on the weekends for quick easy meals throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete