Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2 Insanity workouts - DONE!

Well I made it through two main workouts with Insanity. The first was Plyometric Cardio Circuit.  Despite what a few people said about it, I made it through the warm-up without a problem.  But I worked up more of a sweat in the warm-up than I expected.  I was sweating so much during this workout, I might need to buy a sweatband for my forehead.

Today's workout was Cardio Power & Resistance.  Again, equally sweat inducing.  Lots of jumping, push-ups, triceps dips, you name it.

What I like about the workouts is that they go by quickly.  35-40 minutes seems to fly.  I also like that Shaun T. includes lots of water breaks.  Trust me, you need them.  And what makes me not feel so bad is that the cast on the dvd is feeling the pain too.  You see some of them drop down to their knees when it gets tough.

I'm not a cardio girl at all.  I love working out with weights, doing some cardio, but not too much.  So this is a big step for me. I'm used to jumping around in my classes I teach, but I get to walk around and check form, so I get a break.  Doing Insanity forces me to do the workout and not worry about anyone else but me.

This is a perfect workout for those of you who really want to sweat, who really want to work hard and push themselves.  Perfect for those who are into advanced boot camp style classes.

I'll keep you posted on what comes.

2 comments:

  1. :) Wait for the Pure Cardio workout - no breaks:) but I know you will be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the warning. and for the vote of confidence.

    ReplyDelete