Sunday, March 6, 2011

We all have cellulite...

I was standing in line at BJs Wholesale Club today and saw the latest In Touch magazine cover with Kim Kardashian and I think it may have been Holly Madison (from The Girls Next Door) on the cover.  The title blared "We Have Cellulite, so What!" And inside there were untouched photos of both women in bikinis with cellulite (not much, but visible).

I wanted to see if I could find the article online, but found this article instead from the NY Post, click here to view . As I looked at the pictures, I thought to myself, I wish more women could come to grips with their cellulite, stretch marks and other issues.  And I wish more magazines would feature women standing up and saying "so what!"  Perhaps so many of the women I coach would have better body images of themselves.

We all have cellulite lurking around, even men do.  I remember going to a KISS concert in 1996, having front row seats and noticed that even Gene Simmons had cellulite peeking through the side cut-outs on his spandex.  Oh well...

Exercise and nutrition are extremely important in maintaining a healthy weight, healthy heart, healthy everything, but exercise and nutrition aren't necessarily going to get rid of your cellulite.  Sure it could minimize the appearance or in some cases make it look worse.  But I wish society would just let us relax a little about our slightly lumpy thighs and tummies.

I know I often fall victim into wanting that perfect looking body, but unfortunately its not going to happen.  I have my own issues with not being entirely happy with my abs and the skin that got stretched due to having 4 large babies.  And no matter what I do, its not going away.  But I try to change my thinking into "well, I'm healthy and that's really what matters."

I know its a lot easier said than done, but just try to be happy in the skin you're in.

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment