Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I don't feel my age

Today is my birthday! I woke up at 5:00 a.m, did my P90X workout, had my oatmeal and a whey protein smoothie. Then I had my Shakeology for lunch (after a healthy snack of course). Woo hoo! Way to party like a rock star on your birthday, right? Trust me, I wouldn;t have had it any other way!

Even though I'm another year older, I really don't feel it. Mentally, I know I'm slightly immature (lol), but I'm talking physically.  My body feels as though I'm in my 20s. I actually feel better than when I was in my 20s.  In my 20s I was super skinny. I weighed in at 102-105 pounds, which at 5'4.5" is very thin.  I'm 20 lbs more than that now, but with exercise and eating right, its all in the right places.

I'm also more flexible than what I was in my 20s. I do a lot more flexibility exercies than what I did back then. I'm stronger and feel more balanced.

I used to smoke, drink more (alcohol) and would stay up until 3:00 a.m. most nights, and wake up around 9:00 a.m..  I ate what I wanted, but only ate about 2 meals per day and maybe a snack. So while I was super skinny, I wasn't super healthy.  I remember always having headaches and not sleeping great.  It was a "fun" life, but not a very healthy one.

Flash forward to present day - while I don't fit in a size 0 jeans anymore, or I'm not partying like a rock star, I feel so much healthier than I ever did.  I feel like I should be in my 20s again!

My drinks of choice are now water, green tea and Shakeology.  I eat 5-6 small meals per day, I exercise everyday with programs like P90X, Insanity and Brazil Butt Lift.  I make sure I get 7-8 hours of sleep everynight (although sometimes interrupted by a small child). So I instead of leading the rock star life style I once led, I'm leading the healthy lifestyle. And I'm much happier for it!

If you're ready to lead a healthier life, now's the time to do it. Its never too late or too early.  As a Team Beachbody Coach, I can help you set up healthy goals.  Now is the right time.

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or email me at fitwithjessica@live.com

2 comments: