Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy anniversary day means happy family day

I know some of you might think its lame to spend your anniversary at home with your kids, but our kids are such a big part of our marriage, why not include them in the day.  Oh, don't get me wrong, my fantasy is to leave the kids with a responsible adult and jet away with my husband for a few days to an exotic, warm island, but that's not happening, at least for now.

Yes, I have friends who have the luxury of parents near by who are able to stay with their kids and they can go on a romantic trip, but although we are blessed to have both sets of parents still alive and healthy, they aren't available to do what other's parents can.  My in-laws are older, in their mid-80s and my parents both live in FL and neither of them can just drop what they're doing to come up and babysit.

So we make due, and we still have fun. This anniversary will be spent just like the many other ones since having kids. We'll spend the day as a family, the kids playing with their new toy and have a nice dinner with the kids:)

Happy anniversary to the love and loves of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment