Friday, March 25, 2011

Eating Clean

On Monday, March 28th, I'm hosting a Get Set for Memorial Day Clean Eating and Exercise Challenge on Facebook.  I figure if we start on the 28th and run right through the Friday before Memorial Day, we should be rocking for summer.  I'm not making up meal plans or exercise routines, but as a group we will hold each other accountable to eating clean and exercising daily.

Basically you want to eat the foods in the top 2 tiers of Michi's Ladder.  If you mainly eat form those 2 tiers, you will be eating near perfect.

I wanted to give you an example of how I ate yesterday, so you can see Michi's Ladder in action.

Breakfast: a berry, banana whey protein smoothie made with 1% milk and hot green tea on side

Snack: 3/4 cup of plain oatmeal, made with water, topped with 2 Tbs raisins and 2 Tbs walnuts, with 1 Tbs whey sprinkled on top with water to drink

Lunch: 1-1/2 scoop of chocolate Shakeology, blended with soy milk and ice and green tea on side

Snack: 1 slice of 100% whole wheat bread, with 1 Tbs peanut butter (here's where I dipped into tier 3), and 1/4 sliced banana, 1-6 oz glass of milk and water to drink

Dinner: Egg white omelet with spinach and mushroom and 1 high fiber, 100% whole wheat, 100 cal English muffin. and hot green tea and water to drink.

Remember to drink lot of water (at least 64 oz).  If you need to dip into tier 3 or more, that's fine as long as you keep that minimal.

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below or email me at fitwithjessica@live.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment