Thursday, April 28, 2011

Insanity: Bigger thighs?? Well its a good thing

I'm almost done with week 4 of Insanity.  I never thought I'd say it, but I really love it now. Last summer, I missed Tony Horton so much while Shaun T. put me though so much torture. But I think Shaun has won my heart, although I will always have a spot open for Tony too.

With Insanity, I am jumping higher, moving faster, overall have better cardio performance. Maybe one day I can put all of this to some use, but for now it helps me with chasing the kids around the playground.

However, I was a little shocked when I noticed my pants were fitting a little tighter in the thigh area.  Not a lot tighter, but just enough to notice a difference.  All the jump squats and power jacks have caused my quads to grow, and my calves look more sculpted. And I think my booty is a wee bit bigger too. At first, like most women I was very alarmed by this.  I eat clean, I really try to watch my portions. I don't drink alcohol on a regular basis, and I drink water only.

After comparing notes with my friend, Diandra, I realized I wasn't the only one out there who got these results.  And after thinking about it, I decided that I am okay with this.  As long as its not fat I'm gaining and my thighs (and booty) look good, I'm cool with that.

I'd rather have muscular (and I must say still lean looking) thighs than skinny, flabby ones.

I remember last year I pointed out to a friend that I wouldn't mind if my body looked like Dreya Weber's, of P90X fame. She remarked, "I don't know she's kind of big." But I don't think so. I think she looks strong, and healthy, rather than skinny and waif-like.  I grew up skinny and waif-like and its not fun. Especially when everyone else had nice curves.

I'll keep doing my Insanity workouts, and I will keep eating the way I do. I'm not going to get upset if my thighs (or butt) get bigger, as long as they get bigger the right way and not the wrong way.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the same thing in the beginning but then as I got leaner my thighs started getting smaller again. But they kept a more sculpted shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jessica!! Love it:) and so glad we compared notes today!!! Love ya lady! Strong all the way around!

    ReplyDelete