Monday, January 3, 2011

Things that made my life better in 2010

I wanted to share some of the things that made 2010 a little better than 2009.  I plan on using all of them in 2011 too.  Some of them are fitness, others are nutrition, some beauty/health, and others are just stuff to help you get things done or get better organized.  So here is my list in no particular order:

  • P90X - this really changed my life in 2010.  I was starting to pack on some pounds, the long winter also made me feel really down. P90X helped me get back into exercising in an organized way.  Before that I would just teach my classes here and there, or just do what I felt like.  But having an organized approach really makes all the difference.  Plus there is also an great nutrition guide to help you get that part organized too.  Its like getting a personal trainer and nutritionist for $119.
  • Fly lady - Okay, this is like having a coach to help you get your home clean and organized.  You get emails everyday (I warn you a lot), and you are given assignments/missions to complete. The whole concept is to not spend a lot of time being a perfectionist.  Just set your timer for 15 min and FLY!! Its really helped me get the clutter under control and have a house that's ready for visitors anytime.
  • Team Beachbody - whether you decide to join for free, as a club member or a coach, you get online tools to track your workouts, you get an online coach to help you reach your fitness goals, and you also make a lot of new like-minded friends who want to see you succeed.  I've made a lot of new, cool friends, have helped a lot of cool people, and have also built a nice online business doing something that I'm really passionate about.  And I don't have to hire a sitter to watch my kids.  What's better than that?
  • Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm - I love this stuff.  I don't wear a lot of makeup, but this is a must for me.  Smells nice, gives a slight hint of color and helps keep my lips soft.
  • Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover - You really need to email my friend Cheryl Ann and order this.  Its awesome stuff.  Super gentle, takes off all mascara, even water-proof.  It won't cause eyelash breakage either.  Good stuff.  Her email is cagavon@hotmail.com.
  • Shark Steam Mop - I totally love my Shark.  It makes mopping floors super fast and super easy.  Nuff said.
  • Brazil Butt Lift - I started this almost 4 weeks ago, and I just love the results I'm getting from it.  Its a fun workout that will tone and strengthen your whole body, with emphasis on your bum bum (pronounced boom boom).  Plus the nutrition guide that comes with it has some yummy, easy recipes:)
  • Using a meal plan - If you don't use a meal plan, you really need to start.  I scoffed at the idea in 2009, but now I love it.  I use the Beachbody Custom Meal Planner as well as the nutrition guides that come with P90X, Insanity and Brazil Butt Lift.  You can make your own meal planner, but if you need healthy ideas, I suggest check out the Beachbody one. Meal planning helps you save money, have less food waste, and takes the stress out of what you will have for dinner.  My kids love knowing in advance what I'm making.  And I have them help me pick the meals for the week.
  • Shakeology - This stuff is great! Its all natural and so yummy.  I was very skeptical about trying it, but I'm hooked (so is my husband).  I use this mostly as lunch.  I don't have time to prepare lunch some days, and I don't want to grab a frozen dinner, or fast food lunch.  Shakeology is less expensive than a Starbuck's coffee and has all the nutrition you need.  Its rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and flavor.  I even brought it with me on vacation.  You really need to try the chocolate.
  • Online grocery shopping - I actually started using this in 2007, but continue to use it.  If your grocer offers online shopping, you really need to take advantage of it.  You save time, money and aggravation.  I love it. I place my order online and pick it up later.  Very simple.
Well, there you have my list of things that made my life a little better in 2010.  As I find new things that help me out, I will share them with you.

I'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave a comment here or email me at fitwithjessica@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment