Sunday, August 15, 2010

Push ups for beginners

P90X and Insanity are full of push ups. Its an exercise that I have all of my private clients do and that I teach in almost all of my fitness classes. Why? Because they work.  They are an easy exercise to do at home with no equipment necessary.  Push ups not only target your chest and triceps muscles, but they also work your back, biceps and abs. 

Not everyone can do a push up with their legs extended all the way out onto their toes.  I wanted to show you a video clip that I found which helps demonstrate a beginners push up.  These are great for someone wha hasn't worked out in a long time or who may have back problems.  If you're knees bother you on the floor, you can always place a pillow under them.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at fitwithjessica@beachbodycoach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment