Tuesday, May 4, 2010

P90X vs Insanity: Opinion of Chris

My friend Chris is a mom of 2 boys, she's married to a guy who works long hours and she also works outside of the home.  She still manages to find time to exercise and keep herself healthy for her active, busy life.

Chris has been a long time exerciser and started doing P90X and then she moved on to Insanity.  Both programs are very intense but also very different.

P90X is more about gaining strength and building muscle while shedding fat within 90 days.   Insanity is more cardio and plyometric drills designed to shed fat, and get you lean within 60 days.

Chris was gracious enough to put together some bullet points on which program she likes best.

So here is Chris' opinion on both programs:
  • I've done both P90X and Insanity. I believe wholeheartedly in both. You can do both at your own pace, but you must be willing to push yourself in order for them to really work.

  • My favorite is Insanity. Growing up in the '80s with high-impact aerobics, I have acquired an addiction to cardio, but I have since learned from P90X that the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism gets and the more calories you burn while resting.
  • I had hit a plateau where working out doing the same old tae-bo and step just wasn't getting my heart rate up. I completed P90X but missed doing a lot of cardio. (Don't get me wrong. I can't wait to finish Insanity so I can add P90X in and mix it up a little.) Then I saw Insanity and knew I had to try it. I love Insanity and it is my favorite workout because it is a challenge every day.
  • You MUST be in shape to start Insanity and you MUST have the drive to always push for more. I have finally found a workout that is still a challenge.
  • One of the most important things I have learned is that everyone has a weak moment, a weak night or a weak day where you just can't help yourself and you cheat on your diet. I am not doing the meal plan with the workout. It's hard enough to get the time to workout. I have two boys 8 and 10, in sports, and work full time with an hour and a a half drive each way to and from work. I am watching what I eat though and I've learned that when I have those weak moments it's okay. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll start over.
  • I'm in the best shape I've been in in a long time. Because of Insanity, I weigh less than I ever have, even in high school.
Either P90X or Insanity are going to give you results.  And those results are guaranteed.  You just need to decide to commit to a program and "bring it" every time.

Team Beachbody offers a large selection of workout systems that are all guaranteed to give you results or your money back.  Plus you get support tools like free coaching, an online workout calendar and so much more. 

If you have any questions regarding a workout program, email me at wattersjes@msn.com.  I'll help you decide which one may be right for you.

1 comment: