Friday, May 7, 2010

Doctors are talking about Shakeology.

by Jessica Watters

Trust me, I was skeptical about Shakeology.  I'll be honest, I wasn't crazy about the price either, but when I figured out that per serving it costs about the same as frozen dinners or drive-thru burger joint salads, and is better for me, I figured I'd try it.  It came with a 30-day bottom of the bag guarantee, so if I thought it was a rip-off, I could get my money back.

When my first pouch of chocolate Shakeology I was a little nervous.  Would I like it?  Would it work?  I unzipped the black, eco-friendly, pouch and instantly smelled the rich, chocolate scent.  Okay, it smelled great, but how would it taste?  I added  8 oz of skim milk to my blender with a few ice cubes.  I added a scoop of the cocoa-like powder to the milk and hit blend.  It looked like a rich, choclate shake. One sip and I was hooked.  This was the best tasting drink I had in a long time.  Plus it has 18 g of protein, 23 vitamins and minerals, and cool stuff like enzymes and probiotics.  Its made with all whole foods too.  If I tried to buy pomegranate, acai berry, wheat grass, and all the other healthy ingredients, I'd have to spend a fortune and then try to keep everything fresh.

My husband loves it too.  He likes to blend it with milk, banana and peanut butter.  I like it plain with milk or water.  It also comes in Greenberry flavor.  I haven't tried that yet, but it would probably blend nicely with juice and fruit.

This is nutrition made simple.  And now it has 25 doctors talking about it.  See the video below to see what some of them are saying.  If you want more info on Shakeology, or want to ask me questions, just send me an email at wattersjes@msn.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment