Saturday, May 8, 2010

A guy's story by Bob - Real People/Real Results

For all of my male readers, I wanted to feature a post written by one of the guy's I coach.  But it will also inspire my female readers who are still putting off exercise.

Bob is just your average guy from PA.  He works in construction, he's not an athlete, just a regular guy.  I have the honor of coaching Bob.  He's a cool guy with a good sense of humor and doesn't take himself too seriously. 

He's 51 years old and decided to commit to get fit.  Here's his story:

Bob's Story

I never had self confidence growing up. I had weights, treadmills, cable machines and even those grip strengtheners, I always started and quit, thinking this is going to take too long. As the years ( and years ) went by I then thought, if I only stuck with it. The only thing I came close to sticking with was boxing but I was young and married with a family and it just didn't fit in too well. I had P90X since the end of November 2009, and actually almost sold it a few times. I would lay on the couch or bed eating Cheetos or chips and watch the P90X commercials, when one was over I would surf the channels to another P90X commercial. Finally in March 2010, I pushed play and haven't hit pause yet.


I am on my way to week # 10 of P90X.


I never mentioned this for fear that someone would talk me out of the workout. In the past ten years I have had a few surgeries, three due to an auto accident, four just plain old wear & tear and one serious infection. I also have a bulged disc in my neck that I refused surgery.


Auto accident; Two lower back and right hand surgeries.


Wear & tear; Left rotator cuff, a torn right bicep, right labrum tendon and right rotator cuff surgeries.


Infection; Lung surgery.


I do have a bit of problem with some of the Plyo and Yoga excercises due to flexibility but I do all of them the best I can. I am down to 180lbs. from 200+ and feel a whole lot better about myself since I started the program. I even climbed twenty feet up a tree yesterday to get a cat down. Did I mention I am 51 years old. Push play, do your best and forget the rest.

If Bob can decide to make the commitment to better health, then so could you.  Bob had a lot of things going against him, but he still didn't let it stop him.  He could have stayed on the couch, eating Cheetos.  That would have been the easiest thing for him to do.  But look at him now!  He's feeling great and even doing local cat rescue (way to go)!

The choice is yours.  You can go on sitting on the couch with the bag of chips, or you can decide to get on your feet and get your life back.  Its not going to be easy, but I guarantee you will not want to go back to your old life.

If you need help getting started, please feel free to email me at wattersjes@msn.com Or visit my coach page by clicking here

You'll get non-judgemental help that will get you on the right track for feeling great.

1 comment:

  1. Hello to all, this is the Bob mentioned above. I just wanted to add that I started this program to get healthy and to feel better about myself I am not looking to be a He-Man or Mr. America just Mr. Bob, so far it does work and I do have the self confidence that I did not have all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete