Thursday, May 5, 2011

Making my way to the Asylum. Week 5 Insanity almost done

Yes, I should already be in an asylum, but I am talking about Insanity: The Asylum, the workout that's supposed to make Insanity look like its for wimps. I just need to make it through month 2 of Insanity and I'll be ready to be committed to the Asylum.

This week I'm solo in week 5, the recovery week.  My husband has been working like crazy. Plus he pulled his hamstring a few weeks ago and this is probably a good week for him to let it heal.  Right now the recovery week consists of the same workout, Core Cardio and Balance, each day for 6 days. Its not meant to be as grueling as the other weeks, but its still a good workout.

I was surprised at how sore my abs have been without doing a single crunch.  In the Core Cardio and Balance workout, you do moving planks, side knee raises and push ups, which work the abs nicely.  The hip flexor burners and shoulder burners are also a good way to work the abs, since you keep the abs engaged while doing them.

I'm a little nervous about next week. I know people who say month 2 of Insanity is killer. I will have to dig deep and really bring it.  I will update you on my next Fit Test and keep you posted on my progress in month 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment